Many companies have already invested heavily on re-engineering and information technology investments without really understanding the strategic impact from a future logical or future physical perspective. Not taking advantage of horizon technologies can be a costly mistake. However, the purchase of any new technology as an end to fixing existing operational problems – the silver bullet! – can be even more costly. Investing in technology to enhance existing business models often results in doing the same wrong things more quickly.
Every business has a choice to make, guide and control the changes that are happening, or, be forced into changes they don’t want? Make no mistake, empowered business change is challenging, and it does not always fit with all the other day-to-day work that must be done. But, once approached it in the right way, it becomes the catalyst that helps business achieve breakthrough change and drive profits skyward.
It is very easy for companies to react with solutions when they do not understand the problem but, this causes other unforeseen problems later if, you get it wrong. Oftentimes a company may know that change is needed but, do not know how to go about it. Adastra know from experience that transitioning the business from ‘As-Is’ to ‘To-be’ requires a disciplined approach with an understanding of the overall strategic implications of adding new business value through more effective use of technology. Whether your company is in the earliest stages (definition or planning) or, in the middle to end (execution or delivery) of your business transformtion, Adastra can add immediate assistance to almost any situation.
Core Areas of Expertise
Our Disciplines And Capabilities
Strategy Deployment (Visioning process)
Fundamental to a high-performing company is a properly executed strategy linking leadership aspirations with daily activities in the workplace.
The hoshin kanri process strategy works as it gives leadership the confidence organisational goals can be or, are being executed and the strategy is understood across the business.
- Corporate leadership and experts of various types across the organisation come up with the strategic goals for the organisation, related to growth, margin improvement and system-wide waste elimination.
- The X-Matrix is used as a structured way to build and deploy your strategic plan and reflected in the budgets.
- As the organisational goals are cascaded from one level to the next, a linked feedback process drives communication and agreement between the various levels to ensure the best alignment and buy-in.
- Make the adjustments you need to keep your short-term and long-term initiatives on track.
Adastra can provide support to take your business transformation plans and execute it ‘off the page’ into living actions and tasks – in ever part of the organisation every day.
Business Improvement (Using BPM)
When aspiring to achieve business and improvement goals. Technology can help. Proper supporting structures are necessary. But, it’s your core business processes that are the key mechanism by which businesses deliver value.
Lean improvement process works, as it empowers the business culture to transition to a way of working that welcomes improvement across every task, every activity.
- It can enable your business to eliminate wasteful processes, maximise customer value, and enhance every process for total efficiency.
- Lean business operations allow the business to do more with less…aka, the forming and diffusion of the systems and structures necessary to achieve your business transformation goals faster.
- The process of lean starts with forming and reinventing operation design composed of a network of team structures, communication programs, visual management, information flows – aka a high-performance workplace.
Adastra can support the review of your current organisational processes, using lean thinking and skills training to help your teams find opportunities for improvement.
Many companies find that they do not obtain the expected results from their new IT solutions. Technology projects; are fundamentally business projects that require appropriate technology.
Experience has shown that the principal points of failure in delivering IT projects are related to process and people issues.
A balanced implementation process works best when it aligns a technology solution with your organisation’s business processes, organisational structure and capabilities.
- System design and configuration is aligned with the organisation’s business processes and policies
- Testing activities are based on the requirements initially defined and approved for the project
- To-be processes are fully-defined and understood
- Organisation are well-prepared for the change to come
Adastra can support you on the journey with your technology and ensures the implementation balances technical tasks with process and people-centric activities to be successful.